- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced arugula (more for salad and to garnish)
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a pan on medium heat and sauté minced shallots for two minutes – being careful not to burn. Transfer shallots to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Add the diced/minced strawberries to the bowl of shallots along with the remaining ingredients: vinegar, salt, pepper and minced arugula.
- Spoon over seared sea scallops.